Patricia “Tricia” Kagerer speaks on:
- The Wise Woman’s Guide to Managing Business Risk – Tricia applies tested business risk management tools to the world of entrepreneurship. If you are ready to break out on your own or expand your existing business into a new direction, you can’t miss this Call to Action! This session will teach risk identification, analysis and how to identify your next steps.
- The Wise Woman’s Guide to Unprecedented Success – So often, women already possess the leadership, education and professional tools needed to achieve success – and yet, something holds them back! Why do some women hesitate to employ these skills and sabotage their own futures? Loaded with stories from Tricia’s book, Wise Irish Women, this session will inspire and challenge.
- The Wise Woman’s Guide to the “C Suite” – After years of hard work and sacrifice, Tricia was recognized executive title in the male-dominated field of construction. After the jubilation ended, it was clear that the game at the top was different – overflowing with the challenges and opportunities of being the only woman in the room. This session outlines the complicated world of Women and Men at Work and the four key strategies that Wise Women must use to stay at the top.
- The Wise Woman’s Guide to Transition – It’s the disheartening reality of the world we live in – shrinking paychecks and growing responsibilities, layoffs and cuts in benefits. How can we stay positive and create the life we are meant to live when our plates seem overwhelmingly full? This session will challenge women to create a vision and provide the tools to pursue it! Now is YOUR time… why wait?
- The Wise Woman’s Guide to Conflict Resolution – Yelling and screaming in the workplace? The workplace is filled with stressful situations and traps that get women off course. How should women keep our cool, save face and come back to fight another day, stronger than ever? This session explores tales from the workplace from women who found themselves in emotional situations where they wanted to rant and rave, kick and scream or even crawl under a rock – and lived to rise above!
Serving as vice president of risk, safety, and process improvement for one of the country’s most elite construction companies, Tricia learned what it meant to be the only woman in the boardroom—and how to exceed expectations in a tough, male-dominated world. An expert in risk management, process improvement, conflict resolution, and business culture, Tricia climbed to the top of the corporate ladder and transformed the culture of the organization.
Tricia attributes her success to her strong Irish Catholic upbringing and what she learned from her two role models: her mother, Pat Connorton, and her grandmother, Peggy Prendergast. Both women dedicated their lives to hard work, tenacity, and faith, serving to accomplish one goal—to give their children a better start in life.
Tricia was born in the Bronx, New York, and was raised in El Paso, Texas. She has visited Ireland several times, where she spent time on the family farm, Clanevan, in County Wexford, Ireland.
After suddenly losing her mom in 2007, Tricia decided to channel her grief into her book, Wise Irish Women. Tricia is an author, keynote speaker, and recipient of numerous awards, including the Dallas Business Journal’s “Women to Watch” and the Business Insurance Magazine’s “Top 25 Women to Watch.”
Tricia has a master’s degree in education and human development:conflict resolution from Southern Methodist University. She holds a business and public relations degree from Regis University in Denver, Colorado. Tricia is married to Markus and they have two children: Tommy and Anneliese. They currently reside in Plano, Texas.
Tricia’s right! You have to get in touch with what you are really passionate about and make a commitment to live in integrity, before change begins. ~ Linda Murphrey, Speaker & Life Coach
Besides being inspirational and entertaining, Tricia gets to the heart of the matter that every woman needs to know to rise to success in the business world. ~ Shelley Armato, President of My Smart Plans
Tricia has a unique ability to see things from a different perspective and share her innovative ideas with others. Tricia motivates you to take a new direction in your career to achieve success. ~ Grace Gandarilla, Risk Manager at CF Jordan
In those quiet moments when I doubt myself and question whether I have the strength and ability to move forward, Patricia is there to remind me that we do not have to live in a “man’s world” and that all I need to do is take a step back, breathe and believe in myself. ~ Courtney McKendrick, Attorney at Law