Alana Hill speaks on:
- What’s Your Catalyst: The Power of Managed Change – We learned in science that change needs a catalyst, but what about in life? Ms. Hill demonstrates how passion can reinforce your career, personal, or project goals.
- Love is a Catalyst – In this revealing talk, Alana goes beyond her book of the same title to tell the story of the most important project she has ever managed. This is a story of faith, family, love, and living through the most difficult of times, the life-threatening illness of a child. We learn from Alana how powerful it is to be able to rely on others at the same time we are being strong for them. And how much of our strength comes from our faith.
- You’re Not Their Parent, Even If They’re Behaving Like Children: Leading and Developing Talent – Dealing with people on your team can often seem like dealing with an unruly child. This presentation features techniques for handling non-compliance on your team to ensure that deadlines and deliverables are met, while keeping team morale high.
- They Always Fire the Coach: Effective Leadership that Wins! – In today’s performance-based workplaces, leading a team to victory is not just desirable, it is necessary. Learn strategies to improve team dynamics and ensure a victory. Participants will learn objective-setting and communication skills that win the game.
- Promoting Workplace Diversity: It’s More Than Skin Deep – Workplace diversity is not just about color, but about different ideas, talents, and goals. In this talk, Ms. Hill relies on her years as a project manager to explore how to promote and manage diversity.
- Preparing for Life the Ms. Engineer Way! – In this talk, aimed at youth, Ms. Hill encourages and inspires teens to prepare for their futures, despite the obstacles that life may bring.
- Raising Your Boys the Ms. Engineer Way! – Drawing from her experience as a mother, combined with her tireless service in schools, churches and community organizations, Ms. Hill delivers an inspiring talk about raising future husbands. Witty and to the point, this speech can be tailored for a variety of audiences.
Alana M. Hill, PMP is a passionate speaker, author, trainer, and mentor. Her experience as an engineer and certified Project Management Professional (PMP) in upstream oil and gas provides a real-world insight into how people and teams can excel. She has been recognized for her excellent communication, leadership, and team-building skills. Her international, cross-cultural business knowledge shapes her perspective of developing talent. Ms. Hill holds a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering from Texas A&M University and 20 years of leading successful projects.
Ms. Hill began her career as a Field Engineer in South Texas for Schlumberger, where she led an oilfield services crew. Ms. Hill was promoted to Headquarters after displaying a strong interest in business systems and workforce automation. In her ten years with the oilfield giant, Ms. Hill advanced from Field Invoicing Process Engineer to Program Manager for Training Technologies, leading numerous projects of varying size and scope. In 2006, she established a consulting practice leveraging her expertise in learning technologies in the Talent Management space.
Ms. Hill is a member of Project Management Institute (PMI), Toastmasters International, the Association for Talent Development (ATD), and Sugar Creek Baptist Church. As a strong advocate for corporate and personal philanthropy, Ms. Hill donates her time to the Fort Bend ISD School Health Advisory Committee, local Texas PTA boards, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and other civic and charitable organizations.
Together with her husband, she has raised four handsome boys as part of a beautiful blended family. As a passionate ministry leader and teacher, Ms. Hill continues to pour God’s love into the children and youth she encounters. As an involved mother, she offers encouragement and advice to parents of children of all ages. Her faith, perseverance, and desire to encourage others inspire her speaking and writing. She is the author of Love is a Catalyst, where she shares her family’s trials and triumphs over cancer. When she is not traveling the globe, you will find her running and serving in her church and community. Ms. Hill resides in Sugar Land, TX.